See Canberra in a new light as architectural projections light up six of Canberra’s iconic national attractions, and a jam-packed program featuring stunning installations, roving performances, dining experiences and live music. If you’re wondering where to start, here is our hit list for Enlighten 2017.
1. See the Parliamentary Triangle come to life after dark. Witness thought provoking and moving (literally!) large-scale projections onto Parliament House, the National Portrait Gallery, the National Library of Australia, the Museum of Australian Democracy, the National Gallery of Australia and Questacon - the National Science and Technology Centre. Take a pic in the National Portrait Gallery's digital photo booth and see your selfies displayed on the building's facade or have a taste of flashing fairy floss that changes colour at Questacon. And as a bonus, all the attractions are open after dark, so get exploring!
2. What’s a hungry tummy to do while you wait for the lights to be switched on? Head to the Enlighten Night Noodle Market! Returning to Canberra as part of Good Food Month, the Night Noodle Markets are your go-to for the best in authentic Asian eats. Did someone say dumplings?!
3. Witness world-renowned installations and performances for the first time right here in Canberra. Enlighten is fortunate to play host to the Australian premiere of three whimsical and enchanting light installations: On the Wings Of Freedom, CLOUD and a performance piece Pedaleando Hacia El Cielo. You can check out the entire Enlighten Program here.
4. Go exploring after dark. Enlighten will also take place at several locations around Canberra outside of the Parliamentary Triangle. Don’t miss Luminous Botanicus III at the National Australian Botanic Gardens – a chance to immerse yourself in the illuminated natural world – and Industrial Illumination – a dance party like never before at the Royal Australian Mint (hi-vis vest and glow-stick included!)
5. ‘Gram it or it didn’t happen. Enlighten is all about sharing your amazing experiences, so get snapping and be sure to tag your images with #visitcanberra.