Here are some reasons why Canberra is among the world’s best cities…
1. Love coffee? So do we. Canberra is home to Australia’s barista champion AND champion roaster.
2. Love wine? So do we! How does 140 vineyards all within a 35 minute drive from the city centre sound?
3. In fact, just love finding a really great bar to relax in at the end of the day? Relax in Gourmet Traveller’s 2018 Bar of the Year, Bar Rochford, nestled in Canberra’s historic Melbourne Building.
4. Bacon lovers, you’re in safe hands. Griffith Butchery is home to the overall winner in the 2017 Australian Bacon Awards.
5. In fact, love to eat in general? Canberra is home to the 2017 Australian Chef of the Year, Damian Brabender of Otis Dining Hall.
6. We’re young and diverse – and boy are we proud of it. Canberra’s population is younger and more culturally diverse than elsewhere in Australia with more than one in five Canberrans born overseas.
7. Canberra houses a remarkable collection of art, history and culture across more than 50 museums and galleries, including the award-winning Australian War Memorial, the National Gallery of Australia, National Museum of Australia, National Portrait Gallery, Museum of Australian Democracy, Questacon (National Science & Technology Centre), National Library, National Film and Sound Archive, and National Arboretum.
8. We honour Australian heroes all across the capital. In fact, Canberra is the only Australian state capital with a road named after Cyril Callister, the inventor of Vegemite.
9. Not to be too braggy, but the rest of the world seems to think Canberra is pretty great as well. In 2014, the OECD ranked Canberra first for well-being, while In 2016, we topped world rankings for the highest quality of living…
10. And in 2017 the World Health Organisation named us in the top three capital cities in the world for air quality. Breathe easy, you’re in Canberra now.
It’s not too late to secure your seat to seeing the world’s best in Canberra – find your tickets here