Behind the Lines 2021: The Year in Political Cartoons
Make sense of the year that was in our annual exhibition celebrating the art of political cartooning.
This year’s Behind the Lines is our biggest yet, with more cartoons and cartoonists than ever before. Featuring work from the familiar faces and rising stars of political cartooning, including Glen Le Lievre, Cathy Wilcox, David Rowe, Meg O’Shea, Sarah Firth and James Hillier (aka Nordacious).
Prophecy and Chance: predicting the unpredictable
126 cartoons are tied together with one theme: Prophecy and Chance, inspired by a year of modelling, predictions, and continued unpredictability.
Take in the neon carnival graphics, have a cartoonist draw your fortune, and revisit 2021’s headlines, reimagined as stories like Political Life Lines and Mars Retrograde.
Dates30 Jun 2022 – 29 Jun 2024
- Coach Parking
- Conference/Function Facilities
- Family Friendly
- Non Smoking
- Parents Room
- Public Toilet
- Shop / Gift Shop
- Caters for people who use a wheelchair.
- Welcomes and assists people who have challenges with learning, communication, understanding and behaviour. (includes people with autism, intellectual disability, Down syndrome, acquired brain injury (ABI), dyslexia and dementia)
- Caters for people who are blind or have vision loss.
- Caters for people who are deaf or have hearing loss.
- Caters for people with sufficient mobility to climb a few steps but who would benefit from fixtures to aid balance. (This includes people using walking frames and mobility aids)
- Accessibility statement