Guns & Flowers. eX de Medici | Sidney Nolan
Guns and flowers represent two extremes. The gun as a weapon designed to threaten, defend, maim, or kill. The flower, structured with both female and male organs and alluringly coloured, shaped and scented to ensure its ongoing pollination. As imagery, both have been deployed within the work of artists eX de Medici and Sidney Nolan.
Ex de Medici grew up and lives in Canberra and is one of Australia's leading contemporary artists. CMAG audiences will have the opportunity to see Medici's earliest works, made when she was part of the energetic first wave of independent artist-activists in Canberra in the early 1980s, to some of her most recent, travelling from her acclaimed retrospective at the Queensland Gallery of Modern Art. A new major work created especially for this exhibition, comes straight from the artists’ studio.
Dates21 Oct 2023 – 31 Mar 2024
- Conference/Function Facilities
- Family Friendly
- Non Smoking
- Public Toilet
- Welcomes and assists people who have challenges with learning, communication, understanding and behaviour. (includes people with autism, intellectual disability, Down syndrome, acquired brain injury (ABI), dyslexia and dementia)
- Caters for people who are deaf or have hearing loss.
- Caters for people who use a wheelchair.
- Caters for people with high support needs who travel with a support person.