BOLD Bites 2024
Consisting of performances, talks, workshops and films centred around International Women's Day, BOLD Bites will be a three day series of events connecting diverse dance artists from a wide range of specialities and cultures in the ACT. BOLD celebrates cross- generational exchange of ideas and experiences and the ways in which cultural legacies inspire emerging artists.
BOLD Bites 2024 (BB24) will be small but mighty, holding space for a BOLD 2025.
A primary focus for BOLD Bites is full accessibility. Talks and workshops are live streamed to interstate, regional and international participants. This method of attendance offers access, interactivity and participation to those experiencing barriers such as isolation and distance that existed pre – covid conditions or have emerged since.
The performing program includes professional and community dance artists as well as International speakers.
Dates8–10 Mar 2024
- Welcomes and assists people who have challenges with learning, communication, understanding and behaviour. (includes people with autism, intellectual disability, Down syndrome, acquired brain injury (ABI), dyslexia and dementia)
- Caters for people who are blind or have vision loss.
- Caters for people who are deaf or have hearing loss.
- Caters for people with sufficient mobility to climb a few steps but who would benefit from fixtures to aid balance. (This includes people using walking frames and mobility aids)
- Caters for people who use a wheelchair.
- Accessibility statement