Cafe Stepping Stone
A work integration social enterprise cafe that employs and trains migrant and refugee women from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds through an innovative vegetarian kitchen located in the picturesque location of Strathnairn Arts in West Belconnen, Canberra.
Relax in the gardens of the 1920s Homestead and enjoy uninterrupted views of the Brindabella Ranges with a cup of barista-made speciality coffee.
Perfect spot to indulge in locally sourced, seasonal and housemade meals and baked goods that are influenced by Asian, Middle Eastern and South American heritage and travels. Vegan and gluten-free friendly.
Before you leave, don't forget to pick up a piece of local art from the gift shop as well as view the monthly art exhibitions.
Explore the various hiking trails in the neighbouring Conservation Corridor and only 15 minutes from Canberra CBD.
During Spring and Summer months, there is no better place to wind down on a Friday than with their 'Sunset at Strathnairn' wood-fired pizza afternoons (BYO welcome, bookings essential).
Cafe Stepping Stone is a community-driven business that seeks to maximise its social impact while minimising its environmental footprint.
- Gluten Free Available
- Healthy Food
- Middle Eastern
- Pizza or Wood fired Pizza
- Seasonal Local Produce
- South American
- Woodfired Cooking
- BYO Available
- Family Friendly
- Suitable for Functions
- Gallery / Museum
- Lawn / Gardens
- Non Smoking
- Outdoor Dining Area
- Shop / Gift Shop
- Takeaway Available
- Electric Vehicle Charging Point
- Under $20
- Welcomes and assists people who have challenges with learning, communication, understanding and behaviour. (includes people with autism, intellectual disability, Down syndrome, acquired brain injury (ABI), dyslexia and dementia)
- Caters for people with sufficient mobility to climb a few steps but who would benefit from fixtures to aid balance. (This includes people using walking frames and mobility aids)
- Caters for people who use a wheelchair.
- Caters for people with allergies and intolerances.