Happy and Glorious
The Museum of Australian Democracy (MoAD) at Old Parliament House presents Happy and Glorious - an exhibition dedicated to The Queen’s Visit in 1954.
Old Parliament House was central to the royal tour while the Queen was in Australia and the exhibition is presented in the very room the Queen used while she was at Old Parliament House. You can explore this room in the President of the Senate’s suite and see how it was redecorated and furnished for her private use while she was in the house.
Memories of a young Queen in summer dresses and ball gowns, crowds of Australians excitedly waving flags and charming tableaus spelling out heartfelt messages are shown through a series of photographs and objects.
Visit this snapshot in time at the Happy and Glorious exhibition by booking a general museum pass to MoAD.
Dates3 May 2022 – 3 May 2024
- Coach Parking
- Conference/Function Facilities
- Family Friendly
- Non Smoking
- Parents Room
- Public Toilet
- Shop / Gift Shop
- Welcomes and assists people who have challenges with learning, communication, understanding and behaviour. (includes people with autism, intellectual disability, Down syndrome, acquired brain injury (ABI), dyslexia and dementia)
- Caters for people who are blind or have vision loss.
- Caters for people who are deaf or have hearing loss.
- Caters for people with sufficient mobility to climb a few steps but who would benefit from fixtures to aid balance. (This includes people using walking frames and mobility aids)
- Caters for people who use a wheelchair.
- Accessibility statement