Questacon – The National Science and Technology Centre
Travel to the centre of an Earthquake, to the heart of a beehive, all the way to outer space!
Their doors will be open for timed sessions to inspire your imagination with the world of science and technology.
Tickets must be pre-booked online for all visitors in your group, including babies and children. It is recommended to book early as tickets for each session are limited.
For COVID-19 safety measures and Frequently Asked Questions please visit the website.
TripAdvisor Traveller RatingBased on 3092 reviews
“Ticket policy ”
It’s a nice place to visit with family but probably they need to review their policies regarding entry time. We entered at 3 pm and centre close by 5 pm . Staff refused our request to enter next day...Read the full review on TripAdvisor
It was a pretty crowded site, but I think that was just because of the time of year that we went there. Because there was so much to see and do, the children enjoyed themselves.Read the full review on TripAdvisor
“Definitely take your family here in Canberra for some hands on fun.”
Great place for young families to enjoy science in a practical environment. Plenty of hands on activities to keep everyone busy for hours whilst learning. Definitely recommend this for any family...Read the full review on TripAdvisor
- Coach Parking
- Enquiry Desk
- Family Friendly
- Food and Refreshments
- Interactive Centre
- Non Smoking
- Parents Room
- Picnic Area
- Public Toilet
- Shop / Gift Shop
- Caters for people with sufficient mobility to climb a few steps but who would benefit from fixtures to aid balance. (This includes people using walking frames and mobility aids)
- Caters for people who use a wheelchair.
- Caters for people with high support needs who travel with a support person.
- Caters for people who are deaf or have hearing loss.
- Caters for people who are blind or have vision loss.
- Welcomes and assists people who have challenges with learning, communication, understanding and behaviour. (includes people with autism, intellectual disability, Down syndrome, acquired brain injury (ABI), dyslexia and dementia)
- Accessibility statement