Tharwa Valley Forge
Tharwa Valley Forge delivers authentic blacksmithing and bladesmithing experiences every weekend and most days of the week. Tharwa Valley Forge provides everyone from novices to experts with the opportunity to experience traditional crafts and to learn new skills.
Experience Blacksmithing in a working forge, design and create your own kitchen knives, or come together as a family and work on a project together. These are just a few of the many experiences available all year round.
Tharwa Valley Forge have been teaching people how to create amazing things since 2003. Each year they run over 100 courses and are the largest school of their type in the world. Tharwa Valley Forges' award-winning instructors are among the best in Australia and their world-class facilities ensures an incomparable experience.
The 10 acre campus is set in bushland on the banks of the Murrumbidgee River and is adjacent to Namadgi National Park. Heritage listed accommodation is available on site at historic Cuppacumbalong Homestead.
For those staying at Cuppacumbalong during their course, there is plenty to see and do. Go bush walking along marked trails, visit historic sites along the river, and see native wildlife including kangaroos and wombats.
TripAdvisor Traveller RatingBased on 3 reviews
“Excellent value and lots of fun ”
A really fun experience for me and the grandson. i would definitely recommend it - the team really know their craft and there a bunch of different courses to try - my wife and I have done the...Read the full review on TripAdvisor
“Knife making heaven ”
The Australian Bladesmithing School is awesome unique experience. If you like knives this is an absolute MUST in Canberra. A two day course might look expensive on the face of it, but if you consider...Read the full review on TripAdvisor
“A blissful week of creative destruction”
His Nibbs spent a blissful week taking perfectly straight pieces of metal and making them into ugly, yet personalised, tongs, hammers, punches and scribes. The tutors are excellent, and the learning...Read the full review on TripAdvisor
- Caravan / Camper Trailer / Campervan Sites / Campsites
- Conference/Function Facilities
- Family Friendly
- Caters for people with sufficient mobility to climb a few steps but who would benefit from fixtures to aid balance. (This includes people using walking frames and mobility aids)
- Caters for people who are deaf or have hearing loss.
- Welcomes and assists people who have challenges with learning, communication, understanding and behaviour. (includes people with autism, intellectual disability, Down syndrome, acquired brain injury (ABI), dyslexia and dementia)
- Caters for people with high support needs who travel with a support person.
- Caters for people with allergies and intolerances.
- Caters for people who use a wheelchair.