Cafe Stepping Stone Dickson
The perfect spot to indulge in locally sourced, seasonal, housemade meals and baked goods. Influenced by Asian, Middle Eastern and South American heritage and travels. As well as vegan and gluten-free friendly.
Cafe Stepping Stone is a work integration social enterprise cafe that employs and trains migrant and refugee women from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds through an innovative vegetarian kitchen located in Dickson, Canberra.
Cafe Stepping Stone is a community-driven business that seeks to maximise its social impact while minimising its environmental footprint.
TripAdvisor Traveller RatingBased on 7 reviews
“A wonderful country feel with great wholesome food.”
The food a Cafe Stepping Stone is excellent, with a lovely homemade welcoming feel. Amazing vegetarian food with Gluten Free options and really great locally pressed coffee. To top it off, the view...Read the full review on TripAdvisor
“Vegetarian delights in artistic surroundings”
This cafe within the grounds of an artist’s collaborative is well worth a visit. Interesting vegetarian meals - loved my pea and kale fritters. Went with a group of friends, service was friendly and...Read the full review on TripAdvisor
“Delicious food & drinks”
Our large group staggered in to Stepping Stone after hiking the Shepherd's Walk. The Stepping Stone staff provided us promptly with such healthy choices of food that were beautifully presented...Read the full review on TripAdvisor
- Gluten Free Available
- Healthy Food
- Middle Eastern
- Pizza or Wood fired Pizza
- Seasonal Local Produce
- South American
- Woodfired Cooking
- BYO Available
- Family Friendly
- Suitable for Functions
- Gallery / Museum
- Lawn / Gardens
- Live Music
- Non Smoking
- Outdoor Dining Area
- Pet Friendly - Enquire
- Shop / Gift Shop
- Takeaway Available
- Electric Vehicle Charging Point
- Under $20
- Welcomes and assists people who have challenges with learning, communication, understanding and behaviour. (includes people with autism, intellectual disability, Down syndrome, acquired brain injury (ABI), dyslexia and dementia)
- Caters for people with sufficient mobility to climb a few steps but who would benefit from fixtures to aid balance. (This includes people using walking frames and mobility aids)
- Caters for people who use a wheelchair.
- Caters for people with allergies and intolerances.