Take time out from the hustle and bustle and enjoy the fresh air on your very own Scandinavian electric picnic boat on Lake Burley Griffin. Rent a GoBoat for a special occasion, a quiet picnic, or an outing with a group of friends.
Enjoy a unique adventure, exploring Canberra's famous lake and all its waterside attractions from the comfort of your own Scandinavian-designed boat. Each booking is for the exclusive, private use of one picnic boat, so you can chart your own course!
Be your own captain, with no boat licence or previous boating experience required. Operation is simple, and the boats are powered by quiet, smooth electric motors with no exhaust or noise to worry about.
There’s no minimum age, and GoBoat is a relaxed and safe way to introduce kids to boating. Life jackets and safety equipment are all provided, and even pet dogs are allowed on board!
GoBoat is a very affordable, premium activity, and you can bring up to 8 people on board. It’s the perfect activity for small groups and social distancing, but please book ahead online to avoid arriving at the same time as other groups.
TripAdvisor Traveller RatingBased on 92 reviews
“Exceptional Service with a Smile!”
the level of service and the friendliness of the staff members MAX & KORI were absolutely outstanding. This was my 2nd time with family and Max and Cory answered all questions and provided amazing...Read the full review on TripAdvisor
“Must do, Lake Burley Griffin cruise.”
What a wonderful afternoon we had sailing on Lake Burley Griffin thanks to GoBoat. Such a beautiful, peaceful and picturesque cruise on the lake. The boat was very manoeuvrable and easy to operate...Read the full review on TripAdvisor
“Family Friendly Fun!”
A massive thank you to Sari and the team for making our experience with GoBoat Canberra so wonderful! The safety demonstration was informative and easy to follow and the team were flexible and...Read the full review on TripAdvisor
- Family Friendly
- Pet Friendly - Enquire
- Caters for people with sufficient mobility to climb a few steps but who would benefit from fixtures to aid balance. (This includes people using walking frames and mobility aids)
- Caters for people who are deaf or have hearing loss.
- Welcomes and assists people who have challenges with learning, communication, understanding and behaviour. (includes people with autism, intellectual disability, Down syndrome, acquired brain injury (ABI), dyslexia and dementia)
- Caters for people who use a wheelchair.
- Caters for people with allergies and intolerances.